1. Immigrant Food Assistance
Support AB 826 with a letter to Senator Anthony Portantino, Chair of the Appropriations Committee
2. Reparations Bill
Call the Senate Appropriations Committee and voice your support for AB 3121 (Weber): Reparations Task Force.
This bill will be heard in Appropriations tomorrow, Thursday August 13.
Call Senate Appropriations Staff at (916) 651-4101
- Name and city that you live in
- Go on the record that you support the passage of this bill to the Senate floor
3. Federal Relief Package
Share this fact sheet (use share icons on left corner of page) and tag Congressmembers and White House officials in your post.
The only way to adequately meet the needs of a reeling economy, struggling families, and cash-strapped states and localities is for President Trump and Congress to come to agreement on a robust, bipartisan economic relief package.
- Tens of millions of people have lost their jobs, and millions report that their households did not get enough to eat, are behind on their rent or mortgage, or both.
- Nearly 30 million adults reported that their household didn’t get enough to eat for the week ending July 21, according to Census estimates.
- Nearly 15 million renters (more than 1 in 5) reported that they were behind on rent for the same week.
- Some 19 million children (more than 1 in 4) live in a household that is behind on rent or mortgage payments, isn’t getting enough to eat, or both, based on Census estimates from late June and July.